[dev] Ingo Patch...

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Tue Jun 17 11:33:01 PDT 2003

Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu>:

| Quoting Marc Jauvin <marc at register4less.com>:
|
| | The attached patch solves the Ingo session mystery...
|
| Wait a minute... you wouldn't happen to have 'register_globals' set to
| On, would you?

This appeared to be a problem with the fact that the $_SESSION['ingo']
information, if register_globals is set to On, was using the global $ingo
variable.  This is most definitely not what I wanted, so I simply removed
use of the global $ingo in all ingo scripts (we can't link directly to the
$_SESSION entry since we need 'ingo_storage' to be a global, and
'ingo_storage' must be reinstantiated on every page load due to the fact
that the Ingo_Storage:: driver may not be loaded before the session
variables get reloaded on subsequent page loads, causing an error.)

Therefore, the problem with 'script_categories' not being set should now be
fixed in CVS (I never could reproduce the problem since I had
register_globals set to off).

In general, though, register_globabls should _always_ be set to Off.  I
realize that this has never been a *requirement* for Horde, but our code
will work just fine if it is set to Off.  Should we make this a requirement
in the future?

michael