[dev] Re: WG: 2 weitergeleitete Nachrichten

Nuno Loureiro nuno at co.sapo.pt
Wed Jul 2 10:28:01 PDT 2003

Hi!

    Here's a patch that includes both patches from Walter Tasin
<tasin at fhm.edu> for fetchmail.

    His first patch (the cleanup patch) is included as he sent. The
other patch (performance issues and maximal size of a mail to be fetched
config setting) has been slightly changed by me. Basically I cleaned up
his code a little, and removed the overweight of calling
imap_fetch_overview() after an imap_headerinfo(). What's the point of
calling 2 "similiar" functions if the topic here is performance? :-) Do
you have any special reason for having both calls?

     I did some tests and everything seems okay.

     Please don't forget to give him credits for the patch.

Thanks,

  Nuno Loureiro

> From: W. Tasin <tasin at fhm.edu>
> To: imp <imp at lists.horde.org>
> Subject: [imp] A patch which solves my fetchmail problem...
> Date: 26 Jun 2003 16:10:24 +0200
>
> Hello,
>
> I send you a patch, which reduces the memory consumption of fetchmail
> and increases the preformance on large mailboxes and large mails.
>
> With this patch mailbodies will only be read from the server, if they
> are up to be fetched. I included also a conf-option to set up the
> maximal size of a mail to be fetched. If the mail exeeds this value a
> notification will be given to the user.
>
> HTH .. it does for me...
>
> Ciao
>
> Walter
>
> --
> oohhh sveglia.... il mondo e' ammalato, ma x colpa di chi.........
> (Zucchero)
> :-------W._Tasin,_FB_04,_FHM-------------------PGP-KeyID:0x7961A645---:
> <Key-Fingerprint: 1610 835F 0080 32F4 6140  6CF7 A7D0 44CD 7961A645>
> <http://wwwkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=index&search=0x7961A645&fingerprint=on>

> From: W. Tasin <tasin at fhm.edu>
> To: imp at lists.horde.org
> Subject: [imp] Little patch...
> Date: 23 Jun 2003 16:32:45 +0200
>
> Hello horde-team,
>
> you find attached a little patch which gets rid of some warnings and a typo.
> Unfortunately it didn't solve MY problem with fetchmail (fetchmail
> doesn't work for me with IMAP - looking at the apache-log, the submisson
> of the form doesn't arrive at my server). But at least this patch makes
> the stuff a little bit cleaner.
>
> I will post more facts if I can be a bit more specific or if I surrender
>   ;-)
>
> Ciao
>
> Walter
>
> --
> oohhh sveglia.... il mondo e' ammalato, ma x colpa di chi.........
> (Zucchero)
> :-------W._Tasin,_FB_04,_FHM-------------------PGP-KeyID:0x7961A645---:
> <Key-Fingerprint: 1610 835F 0080 32F4 6140  6CF7 A7D0 44CD 7961A645>
> <http://wwwkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=index&search=0x7961A645&fingerprint=on>

Nuno Loureiro <nuno at co.sapo.pt>
PTM.com - http://www.sapo.pt/
PGP fingerprint = 8A32 5174 E80C 2D40 9075 405E C107 6592 054A 4D05