[dev] Generalizing LDAP connections

Jeff Seifert seifert at everybody.org
Sun Jul 6 14:09:47 PDT 2003

Jon,

Here are the sources I spoke of.  It should mostly be a drop-in for the current
system, with a few additional features added in.

There is one exception: the 'username' parameter for the LDAP Preferences
container isn't supported yet.  It's a deprecated parameter, and I haven't yet
figured out a clean way to support it.  If it's a requirement, I can probably
shoehorn it in.

Let me know if you see anything wrong with it.  Like most PHP code, it could
probably use a bit more documentation in places, too..

-Jeff