[dev] Autocomplete on compose message

Nuno Loureiro nuno at co.sapo.pt
Fri Jul 11 06:55:04 PDT 2003

Hi!

Here's the first attempt of an address autocompleting system a la
evolution or ?outlook?. My inspiration was evolution (in a matter of how
it does it).

There are 2 new prefs in IMP (-autocompleting; -nbr of chars before
start autocompleting), and a new attribute in Turba (so you need to add
a field in the database).

In Turba you can check contacts so they belong to the quick addressbook
(a la eudora). Then, when you are composing a message, the quick
addressbook will be loaded and you can use the autocomplete stuff for
those addresses.

It works fine in IE and Mozilla and you can only use it if you disable
auto-expand in your prefs.

I need to ask to the LDAP people to add the attribute in the respective
schema, since I don't know how to do it right.

There is one important thing missing, that I just realized when making
the patch, so I'll add that functionality next time. :)

Patch is @ http://nuno.uncovering.org/autocomplete.diff

nuno

--
Nuno Loureiro <nuno at co.sapo.pt>