[dev] Mottle and motd.php

Mike Cochrane mike at graftonhall.co.nz
Mon Jul 14 02:23:29 PDT 2003

> ----- Message from brian.dube at gotgoat.com ---------
>
> How should Mottle interact with existing motd.php files?
>
> Brian

I would see Mottle profiding an motd API call, I think Horde and any other app
(may be Jonah) that want's to provide motd's should also implement this.

Jonah could provide a 'current weather here', or a 'todays forcast' or something
usefull like that, I guess.

So Horde would have an motd API call that is enabled by default in the registry.
If Mottle was used then you'd comment out the Horde one and uncomment the
Mottle line to registry the motd API to mottle.

The login pages of Horde, IMP and anything else that handles logins would call
the motd api call to find out what to display to the users on their pages.

That's my way of looking at it, others views may be wildly different :-)

- Mike :-)