[dev] PATCH: Safari can do iFrames

Rob Lineweaver rlineweaver at harrisonburg.k12.va.us
Mon Jul 14 07:45:07 PDT 2003

Greetings,

Apple's Safari web browser for Mac OS X identifies itself with a user agent
string like:

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/85 (KHTML, like
Gecko) Safari/85

This makes Horde treat it like Mozilla 1.x except for a test in lib/
Browser.php that checks for Mozilla's iframe capabilities.  It looks to me
like Safari is quite capable of iframes (though I'm no expert - I just see
that the Horde iframe features do work in Safari) so this patch to lib/
Browser.php allows Safari to play along with the others.

Right now I don't know of any other browser-specific quirks that would
necessitate treating Safari any differently from Mozilla, so this behavior
should be fine at least for the time being.

Thanks,

Rob Lineweaver
Network Administrator
Harrisonburg City Public Schools