[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: horde/lib CLI.php

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Jul 16 15:01:48 PDT 2003

Quoting René Lund Jensen <lundeman at tbkol.dk>:

> Doing this you are gonna loose any user using rpm's from RedHat.

Not if Horde releases PHP RPMS, and those people don't mind using Horde
RPMS instead of RedHat RPMS.

> As beeing one of these users, I would not like this.
> I really like RedHat's up2date feature with the RHN,
> but updating PHP is not one of the things they do well :(

Using non-RedHat RPMS would "break" the "reminder" feature of up2date
(i.e. up2date can't check for when Horde releases a new RPM and let you
know... You'd have to rely on the Horde mailing lists instead).

> So if Horde was reqiurering PHP 4.3.0+, would mean that I could not use
> Horde HEAD for a very long time.

If you insist on using RedHat RPMS.  I don't since they leave out functionality
I want (like mcrypt for example).

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics