[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: kronolith/graphics delete.gif kronolith/lib Event.php

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Jul 21 16:47:43 PDT 2003

Quoting John Morrissey <jwm at horde.net>:

> I also want to add edit/delete links to the calendar Block. Currently, the
> links are generated by looking up the tasks/show provider in the Registry.
> Should I add tasks/edit and tasks/delete to Kronolith's API instead of
> linking to it directly?

Yes, that (the extra link methods) sounds like the right way to do it.

> >   * use Horde's delete.gif
>
> How "safe" is doing this to other apps? kronolith HEAD all but requires
> Horde HEAD, but I don't want to break application dependencies by moving to
> centralized graphics.

At the moment, it is entirely safe - all HEAD apps *do* require Horde HEAD, and
require it to be regularly updated. Once the current HEAD is in production,
it'll always be safe to remove a duplicate graphic in an app and point to one
that's always been in Horde since 3.0 final (whenever that's released).
Otherwise, after that, it probably shouldn't be done.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
They're just looking at a wall of meat.