[dev] Horde customization

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Jul 23 10:54:59 PDT 2003

Quoting John Morrissey <jwm at horde.net>:

> I need to add a logo above the sidebar for a local Horde installation. I've
> got a quick patch to do this, but I wonder if this would fit into some
> broader customization/branding ideas - I've seen people post about branding
> before.

There used to be a Horde (sprocket-type) logo for there, which I wouldn't
mind seeing a return to.  Then customizing it would be a simple matter of
changing the image (assuming a new image of about the same size).

A second idea, which I don't like as much, would be to fill that space with
the currently opened application.  So when in IMP, the "IMP icon" would show
there.  When in kronolith, the "kronolith icon" would show there, etc.
But that wouldn't lend itself to branding/customizing.  It would just be a
way to fill unused space, and another visual as to the current application
(which is probably fairly obvious without any icon).

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!