[dev] motd.php on summary page (CVS HEAD)

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Sat Jul 26 14:03:09 PDT 2003

> Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:
>
> > Since Chuck has now removed my motd.php from the summary page (CVS HEAD),
>
> No. It was never part of the new portal summary page, which we switched to at
> the end of January.

You keep saying that, but the fact is it always showed up and worked for
me that way until you changed things the other day.  You insist it shouldn't
have worked, but it did.

> > a simple patch for anyone who wants to restore that functionality.  It will
> > only work correctly if you use IMP authentication for Horde.
>
> Why?

Because otherwise the motd.php will show up on the login page, which wouldn't
be desirable.

> -chuck

I've been using this trick for over 2 years now, and I've become very
attached to it.  Now, I'm happy with my one line patch.  So if no one
else wants the functionality, I'll stick with my one line patch.  But since
this question does get asked on the mailing lists at least 2-3 times a year,
there are at least a few of us interested in this functionality.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!