[dev] IMP folder view

ben at chavet.net ben at chavet.net
Mon Jul 28 01:07:07 PDT 2003

> Diffs (diff -u) are much easier for us to deal with, unless the file is
> extremely small as in this case.

I take it that it's best to keep a copy of the old file then, so there is
something to compare with.  When doing the diff, should it be

diff -u old-file new-file

or

diff -u new-file old-file

or does it really matter?

Hopefully, I'll be able to stop bugging everybody with these little questions.
I am still in the learning process, as this is the first project I've ever
tried to get involved in.  Any tips or tricks you use would be very much
appreciated.

Thanks!

--Ben

PS (A little off-topic...)

> [please keep threads on the list to benefit others]

That was my intention, but 'reply' didn't do what I expected.  I now see that
IMP has a 'reply to list' that I have never noticed before.  That's a nice
feature that I would have never thought of, kudos!