[dev] Re: whishlist.......

Ruben van der Steenhoven ruben_donotspamme at webmeesters.net
Tue Jul 29 08:44:40 PDT 2003

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Ruben van der Steenhoven <ruben_donotspamme at webmeesters.net>:
>

>>Maybe this may be the way to go: Set up any application so that, based
>>on an URL-option it either starts full screen, or in a pop-up, and then
>>from the main-menu i'd propose to always call the full-screen versions,
>>but from context-menues (like in IMP) call it in a pop-up. This would
>>make things rather configurable. Wouldn't that suit most people?
>

> I'm not sure I follow you. Can you try rephrasing this, or breaking it out a bit
> more?

I mean this:
1. add a parameter to Horde applications to either start "Full Screen"
ie. the current way, or start in "Pop-up" mode.
2. it seems a good idea to me that the behaviour of the main (Right)
menu remains as it always was.
3. the top menu could be a point of discussion, maybe this would be a
candidate to make configurable.
4. the context menu (ie. the menu above an e-mail or the mail-list etc)
should iethe be configurable or start pop-ups.
5. Imho the way to make things configurable would be best handled by a
setting in Registry.php

Is this clear, and what do you think of this proposal?