[dev] Re: whishlist.......

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Jul 29 12:09:02 PDT 2003

> > Maybe this may be the way to go: Set up any application so that, based
> > on an URL-option it either starts full screen, or in a pop-up, and then
> > from the main-menu i'd propose to always call the full-screen versions,
> > but from context-menues (like in IMP) call it in a pop-up. This would
> > make things rather configurable. Wouldn't that suit most people?
>
> I'm not sure I follow you. Can you try rephrasing this, or breaking it out a
> bit more?

I think he is saying:  If in the Horde menu, open in the current window.
If elsewhere (e.g. IMP menu bar, icon in compose page, etc) open in a popup
window.

I don't like this, as I'm sure it would result in lots of questions why
it opens one way sometimes and another way other times.  The typical user
at my site will not see the correlation, and will think it randomly or
mysteriously opens differently each time for no reason.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!