[dev] Problem with compression and bufferOutput call?

Chris chris at jeks.net
Tue Jul 29 15:11:21 PDT 2003

Hi all,

Is anyone else having issues with having compression on and certain
screens that use bufferOutput?

For instance, trean uses this to buffer the output of the category tree,

e.g. in browse.php

$template->set('category_tree', Horde::bufferOutput(array($tree, 'renderTree')));

For me the categories come up empty. I hacked out the bufferOutput and
all suddenly works. Turn off compression and everything works.

I took a look at bufferOutput and it uses ob_start() / ob_end_clean()
combo to get output from a function that normally outputs to stdout.

Does that strike anyone else as the ultimate hack? Why not rewrite those
functions you need to return output, and change the usage of those to
just 'print $output'?! Seems cleaner than this which, although neat,
seems to be causing issues ...

 Chris

--
~ ~ ~
Chris Hyde

...no, Y2K was fine, it was W2K we had the trouble with...

~ ~ ~