[dev] Mac IE can't do DOM

Rob Lineweaver rlineweaver at harrisonburg.k12.va.us
Wed Jul 30 10:16:58 PDT 2003

Greetings,

I've been forcing myself to test the Horde apps with Internet Explorer 5 for Mac
(as many of my users will be using this browser).  Ugh.  It really is quite a
lame browser when it comes to a lot of the Horde features.  I can see why MS
dropped it.  :)

Anyway, the nice "Goto" button in Kronolith sends Mac IE into the infamous
perpetual spinning disc, every time.  You have to use the Force Quit.  The
other features that require $browser->hasFeature('dom') also don't seem to work,
as near as I can tell.  So the attached patch (to lib/Browser.php) detects IE 5
on Mac and removes 'dom' from its capabilities.

Thanks,

Rob Lineweaver
Network Administrator
Harrisonburg City Public Schools