[dev] IMP login template...

Marko Djukic marko at oblo.com
Wed Jul 30 14:54:23 PDT 2003

Citazione Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>:

> Quoting Marko Djukic <marko at oblo.com>:
>
> > in fact it was talking to two different clients of mine this week that got
> > imp/horde the biggest compliments i heard so far - apart from these two
> > companies suddenly having an amazing webmail after 4-5 different ones over
> > several years, they have discovered it is accessible both on PDAs and cell
> > phones (their primary use of internet since their employees are 75% on the
> > road). accessible yes, but layout-wise terrible (100px width x 200px height
> > cellphone screen), but with a template background that could be fixed in a
> > snap.
>
> I see where you're going, but... well, they should be using mimp for that
> mobile
> access, and MIMP handles display to lots of different devices using
> Horde_Mobile - something which isn't easy to template, since I wouldn't want
> do that for all devices.
>
> Templating Horde_Mobile could be interesting, though. :)

it's not WAP or similar (which i guess is what mimp is aimed at), this is a full
browser, java etc, only thing is the screen is 100px wide by 200px high. ie the
layout is the only thing that needs to be tweaked for imp to be perfectly
readable. the rest of the functionality doesn't need to be changed.
same thing with the PDAs - they are running IE or opera, but again with the
different geometry screens it is not easily readable, but other than that works
well.

marko