[dev] IMP: Splitting Options..

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sat Aug 2 14:29:07 PDT 2003

Quoting ribnitz at linuxbourg.ch:

> with my patches, the 'Display' Section has grown further, and therefore I
> propose to split/rearrange the IMP options:

I agree that reorganizing things would be good, but these categories don't seem
to make much sense to me.

> - Options that affect the general view of folders (width of the columns, how
> to dispaly attachments in there, number of mails per page, grouping  / sorting
> options, previews of messages)

Some of these are mailbox view things, some of them are message view things,
etc... Why do these go together?

> - Options that affect the per message view (how many spelling errors per page,
> what collumn to break the message at, address completion, default behaviorwith
> regards to signing,..)

Okay, you meant the compose message view, right? If so, I think this makes
sense.

> - Options related to identities (default GPG key, ame, signature, favorite
> color for coloring the mail..)

> In short, we should rearrage display options, and perhaps regroup the user
> options a little

Maybe. If anything I'd like to see more options per category and fewer
categories.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>