[dev] Nag's future and Projects Management

Carlos Pedrinaci xenic at nerim.net
Mon Aug 11 02:57:37 PDT 2003

Hi all,

First of all I will briefly introduce myself:
My name is Carlos Pedrinaci, I'm a Software Engineer and I'm currently
doing my phD in the Semantic Web field. I'm also part of a group which
is, between other things, building up a system for facilitating the
creation of Open Source projects (something similar to Sourceforge).

While building that system up, I decided to benefit from some of the
great Horde's modules, in particular Nag and Chora.
In addition to the typical features you could think of for such a
framework (cvs etc..), I'm adding a Projects Management section which is
been built on top of Horde. Its main goal is to facilitate the project
management tasks allowing developers to focus mainly in the software
creation process. This is partly going to be achieved via a Tasks Pool
where developers of a project can go and take the one they prefer etc..

This is going to use Nag's functionnality for task sharing and for
tracking projects' evolution. However this requires more functionnality
in Nag as I don't want to modify its code if those changes don't remain
on Nag releases (for obvious reasons).

Chuck told me you have already added task grouping to Nag-2.0-cvs and
I'm aware of WHUPS which would also be an important part of the system.
I'd like to know which are the features that are going to be added to
those systems and whether you would need a helping hand for them.

Regards and apologies for the big mail,

Carlos