[dev] Easier adding of themes and applets

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Aug 11 09:02:22 PDT 2003

I propose that we stop keeping lists of available themes and portal applets
in config/registry.php.dist and config/pref.php.dist and instead parse
horde/config/themes/ in horde/prefs.php, resp. horde/lib/Block/ in
horde/portal_edit.php for avaiable themes/applets.
This is expensive but is only necessary if the users want to change their
theme or block layout.

Adding new themes or applets would be as easy as dropping them in the
correct directories. Everybody can make themes or applets available for
download while the admins don't have to touch any code for adding some.

Thinking this further we could even install a small contribution database on
the website where people can submit their themes/applets or even vote for
them.

Jan.