[dev] A mailinglist application?

Robert Ribnitz ribnitz at linuxbourg.ch
Wed Aug 13 05:17:20 PDT 2003

Hello Fellow devteam,

For a project of mine that I am doing, I will develop a mailing list tool (or
rather announcement-list tool) with the following features:

- The lists are theme-based, and for this setting will be sent out once a month
- The public can subscribe to different themes and will then get the messages
that fit the thematics (1 large message)
- Different contributors will be able to log in, and then contribute the text
for the next digest:
      - A Title (60 Chars max)
      - One or more themes (from a list)
      - Some text (atm, it is planned to be 600 Chars, ie. 10 Lines with 60
        Chars each)
      - One URL

The URL will then be tracked, and at the contributor will get back the
statistical breakdown (how many clicks, when) with the next (standardised)
email.

Since the horde framework offers me quite a lot of functionality in this regard,
I am wanting to do it as a horde module

      - the functionality described above
      - the tracking script already exists, and needs only to be converted to
horde form API, it currently uses HTML_QuickForm

I am therefore looking to name the beast, and to get the required CVS privs for
upload.

My GPG Public Key is 642B121D

pub  1024D/642B121D 2002-05-04 Robert Ribnitz <robert.ribnitz at unifr.ch>
     Key fingerprint = A52E 89FA 5BC6 072A 62A9  30E5 725B EFC2 642B 121D
uid                            Robert Ribnitz <ribnitz at linuxbourg.ch>
uid                            Robert Ribnitz <robert.ribnitz at wilhelmtux.ch>
uid                            Robert Ribnitz At MyHomepage (work)
<ribnitz at mhp.ch>
sub  2048g/07FED51E 2002-05-04 [expires: 2003-05-04]
sub  1024D/DCB39D2E 2003-08-06
sub  1024g/876C108C 2003-08-06
sub  1024R/EAA5D35B 2003-08-06
sub  1024R/F7719FC7 2003-08-06