[dev] disabling prefs

Ben Chavet ben at chavet.net
Wed Aug 13 09:00:04 PDT 2003

> Zitat von Ben Chavet <ben at chavet.net>:
>
> > That seems to make the prefs UI complain when it is not there...maybe I'm
> > just
> > not putting it in the right place.  I'll keep working on that part.
>
> You are not be in the global scope in prefs.php, so you have to use
> $GLOBALS['conf']...

I tried that, I'm thinking it has to do with show_sidebar being included in a
group, but then not being defined.  Haven't had any more time to mess with it
though.

> > I do have a fix for the patch I submitted yesterday, though.  I swear, I
> > tested
> > it about a million and a half times, but somehow I missed this.  The
> > patch is
> > for index.php, diffs attached.
>
> I'm a bit hesitant in commiting your patch, because the playing together of
> all the pages involved in the login process are pretty filigran and you
> change them in a lot of places.
> I don't have the time to test them thoroughly, perhaps someone else has, but
> can you at least confirm that you tested them with all possible
> combinations:
> Access to horde vs. access to application, enabled vs. disabled in prefs,
> user authenticated vs. not authenticated, transparent authentication driver
> vs. non-transparent authentication driver, horde authentication vs.
> application authentication. Did I miss one?
>
> Jan.

The only test I'm not sure about is the transparent vs. non-transparent.  What
exactly do you mean by that?  I did test all of the other combinations you
mentioned.  Are other apps able to authenticate, or is it just IMP at this
point?  I did only test against that, and had to make a few changes.

It's OK by me if the patches don't make it into the core code.  I understand how
all of the changes could make something unstable.  I made the changes for
myself because I like having the menu there at all times.  Just thought I'd
share it incase anybody else was interested.

--Ben