[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: horde go.php horde/lib Text.php

Marko Djukic marko at oblo.com
Sun Aug 17 06:32:00 PDT 2003

> > Location: was still sending the referrer. Refresh: doesn't. Do you know a
> > way to
> > get the Location: not to send the referrer?
>
> Hm, that sounds strange. I thought the idea was to not pass any session id
> to go.php so that the referer was still there but without session
> information. If Refresh: even removes the referer (this may be browser
> dependant), even better.

ok, i might be missing something:

1. message.php?Horde=123&index=456 with a link

2. click on link, call go.php?url=somelink with no session id

3. go.php bounces on to the external link
   - with Location: the server (apache) was still getting referrer recorded as
"message.php?Horde=123&index=456" even though it is go.php that is redirecting
   - with Refresh: nothing

i'm not sure if there is a way to send a header specifying a null referrer
before location? or some other way to get location to pass go.php as the
referrer?

marko