[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: nag tasklists.php

John Morrissey jwm at horde.net
Mon Aug 18 07:25:27 PDT 2003

On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 10:30:32AM +0200, Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von John Morrissey <jwm at horde.net>:
[snip]
> >   * inform the user if tasklist creation fails
>
> This change doesn't really do what it is intended to do. You catch only if
> there is an error when setting the share's description. But you don't even
> get there if the creation of the share failed.

Ok, see what I just committed.

> And you should catch this error in all applications that create/manage
> shares.

I wish I had the time. Many share operations silently ignored errors before
the error-return changes to Share::set*(), so leaving them doesn't really
change the status quo, just opens up the possibility of error catching.

john
--
John Morrissey          _o            /\         ----  __o
jwm at horde.net        _-< \_          /  \       ----  <  \,