[dev] cyrsql.php vs cyrus.php

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Aug 29 03:35:39 PDT 2003

Zitat von Ilya <mail at krel.org>:

> Ive decided to combine on cyrus.php, if the patches attached are commited
> then
> cyrsql.php can be removed from cvs.
> I modified sql.php to be able to handle domains field. It only kicks off
> if
> 'domain_field' is set. Every user function is tested against cyrus
> 2.2b/virtual domains/sql backend.
> I think its nice that ldap folks will be able to extend ldap backend if
> they
> want and stay with one cyrus.php file. I also added some description in
> cyrus.php regarding virtual domain support.

While it is great to have the cyrus drivers consolidated into one file, I'm
not sure about the changes to sql.php. It's one of the core authentication
drivers and I rather would not see it hacked for a sole purpose.

Perhaps it would be cleaner to extend the customsql driver so that it
supports adding/editing of users and use that instead of the generic sql
driver.

What do others think?

Jan.