[dev] TODO items

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Tue Sep 2 09:07:08 PDT 2003

I'm a bit busy right now, but these are two items I want to work on in the
near future so just looking for feedback.

1.) In IMP, it would be great if the message view would tell me not only
that the message has been replied to, but both when it was replied to (or
forwarded) and who I replied/forwarded the message to.  Thus, I need some
way of keeping track what I have done with a message.  The two ways I have
thought about doing this is:

* Via DB (Horde_Categories?) - store the user/Message-ID of the message
along with the message action (forward/reply/bounce) and timestamp.  This
DB could potentially get very large on a big installation, so maybe only
keep this information for a certain period of time (i.e. a couple of
months)?

* Via the message Headers - we simply store the above information within the
message headers of that particular message (e.g. a X-IMP-Data header).
Downside - we have to do a delete/imap_append() to add headers to a message
so this screws up the "arrival" order of the message since it is appended
to the end of the mailbox (much like what happens when we strip an
attachment).

Comments on which way may be preferred, other ways of accomplishing this, or
whether this is worth it at all?

2.) Adding SQLite support.  Although supposedly handled by the PEAR DB
driver (although the DB documentation makes no guarantees of its support),
it looks like sqlite is going to be distributed and compiled by default
with PHP 5 - which means that getting a DB up and running for a
small/medium sized installation is going to be much, much easier.

michael