[dev] creating users - FAQ

Tim Gorter email at teletechnics.com
Tue Sep 9 08:49:01 PDT 2003

Maybe a new entry in the FAQ..
As this question comes up every so often in the mailing list. So maybe
something like this would be a good addition.

4.1.10 I've just installed, how do I log in / authenticate users / add users?
[2.0] To use horde you must already have a user database. Horde in itself does
not administer users. To login to the User Interface that Horde creates you
must set the configuration within config/horde.php, config/registry.php
appropriately. If you choose to use IMP to authenticate users (i.e. by
having IMP log into the IMAP server) you must configure
config/registry.php and imp/config/servers.php appropriately.
Note: the admin user as sometimes referred to in the mailing lists ONLY
applies to the latest version (Head version) which is still under
development and not in its release form. It is not available in the 2.x.