[dev] What do the CVS tags mean?

Ben Chavet ben at chavet.net
Wed Sep 10 09:49:06 PDT 2003

from: http://www.horde.org/source/

The branches that hold release versions of applications - code that is
documented, tested, and recommended for production use - are named RELENG_*,
where * is the major version of the application in question. So, the release
branch for IMP 3.x is RELENG_3. The release branch for Horde 2.x is RELENG_2.
Note that this doesn't give you a way to distinguish between IMP 3.0 and IMP
3.1 - they live in the same CVS branch, because one supercedes the other.
However, we do tag releases, so you can check out IMP 3.0 with the IMP_3_0 tag.

There are also some old STABLE_*_* branches available for Horde and IMP, which
pre-date the current release engineering practice. No new branches will be
created with these tags, and you shouldn't need to work with them, but they are
relatively self-explanatory in what they refer to: Horde's STABLE_1_2 is Horde
1.2.x, etc.

Hope that helps.

--Ben Chavet