[dev] Rich text editor in IMP

Nuno Loureiro nuno at co.sapo.pt
Sun Sep 14 09:07:49 PDT 2003

Hi!!

I'd like to replace IMP's rich text editor to a more powerful one.

From, what I've seen, we have 2 options, that work both on mozilla and
IE:

- HTMLArea: http://dynarch.com/htmlarea/
- Cross-Browser Rich Text Editor: http://www.kevinroth.com/rte/demo.htm

The first one is based on a BSD license, and the last one has no license
at all (it says 100% free).

I really like more the first one, because it's much more powerful and
pretty. I think there's no problem of adding a component based on a BSD
license into a GPL application. At least this was what BSD kernel folks
told me in #kerneled @ freenode. Anyway, I'll ask to its author.

What do you guys say?!

-nuno

--