[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: jeta/config conf.xml jeta/docs CHANGES jeta/templates main.inc

Max Kalika max+lists.horde.dev at lsit.ucsb.edu
Mon Sep 15 07:38:15 PDT 2003

> Quoting Max Kalika <max+lists.horde.dev at lsit.ucsb.edu>:
>
>> Ok, the idea originally came out of ingo, but whatever name we choose, it
>> should also go into sam as well.  Ideas?  I guess we can just simplify it
>> to "auth" with options being 'bare' (/false) or 'full' (/true)
>
> For this kind of usage, isn't it much more like the username_hook that we
> have in some places?

We should definitely add hook support anywhere a username is used for
external services.  However for simple cases where we want to determine
whether to use the getAuth or getBareAuth, a whole hook function seems
overkill.  The way SAM handles it gives us both things.  Would it make
sense to move that to Horde::?  Something like:

Horde::mapUser($app = 'horde', $auth = 'full')

This thing would initialize a $username to either getAuth() or
getBareAuth() depending on $auth. Then it would run the _$app_username_hook
if one is available.  Ingo, sam, and jeta can use this right off the bat.
Others too prolly?

--mk