[dev] Patches for shares and prefs

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Sep 15 20:46:51 PDT 2003

Quoting Jason Rust <jrust at rustyparts.com>:

> Attached are a couple of patches that fix small bugs I've found in CVS
> HEAD.  The first is for shares, and it fixes the following problem:
> 1. User logs in.  login.php loads horde prefs and saves them to cache.
> 2. login.php redirects to initial app (in my case kronolith)
> 3. kronolith checks if prefs are saved to cache.  Because only prefs for
> horde are cached cacheLookup() returns false and kronolith loads its
> prefs.  BUT horde's cached preferences are never loaded for that page
> load.
> 4. The result is that the first time the user logs in the page shows
> with all the default preferences.  If they reload the page it shows fine
> because both horde and kronolith's prefs have been cached.
>
> My patch fixes this by always loading the Horde preferences if they are
> present.

Committed, thanks.

> The second patch fixes a problem where creator permissions were not
> being queried in the listShares() method.  The end result in kronolith
> was that even if a user had object creator permissions for a calendar
> the Add Event link wasn't showing up in the menu.

This isn't the right fix. If creators have edit permissions for a share, this
will let them edit anything in that share regardless of who the owner is.

A correct fix would check for what you set, PLUS (owner == $current_user OR no
owner).

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>