[dev] interesting article on templates

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Sep 17 10:18:31 PDT 2003

Quoting Nuno Loureiro <nuno at co.sapo.pt>:

> There's no business logic in this, there's a presentation logic only.
> But that doesn't mean that both logic are separated, because these are
> methods of classes that constitutes the core of Horde, that belong to
> the global business logic of the application. I mean, if you want to
> change the layout of this you have to put your hands on the code, not on
> the templates as it should be.

Still, they are logic, and you don't want to rip out those functions and just
put them into the templates - you'd be massively increasing the size and
complexity of the templates. So there have to be UI libraries somewhere -
Horde:: isn't the right ending place for them, but in some kind of layout class
*is*. Just templates isn't the answer.

If you have the time to be a bit patient, I'd like to really work on this and
work off of your work with IMP. Let's see if we can come up with a really nice,
clean, fast solution that'll be applicable to other Horde applications, too.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
Born right the first time.