[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: imp mailbox.php

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Mon Sep 22 08:53:24 PDT 2003

| Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu>:
|
| > slusarz     2003/09/22 08:33:04 PDT
| >
| >   Modified files:
| >     .                    mailbox.php
| >   Log:
| >   Fix newline/space handling in tooltip previews.
|
| I think this "fix" is wrong. The newlines are already handled in the
| if-clause before and reducing spaces to at most one was intended.

Except this horribly screwed up certain e-mails; namely, ALL emails from
cvs at lists for example.  It was being displayed as one line in the tooltip
with no linebreaks.  The new check fixes this.

Additionally, I personally think that spacing should be maintained.  An
e-mail that starts like:

Column1     Column2
-------------------
FOO1        FOO2
FOOFOO      FOO FOO  FOOO
FOO  3      FOOO

Should be displayed in the preview exactly like this, not like:

Column1 Column2
FOO1 FOO2
FOOFOO FOO FOO FOOO
FOO 3 FOOO

Removal of the spacing destroys much of the information contained in the
message, IMHO.

michael