[dev] Two suggestions about the IMP summary

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
Mon Sep 22 13:35:43 PDT 2003

Hi,

I have two user request that I am willing to implement and I am looking
for feedback on them.

First, we would like to have the email address of the user displayed on
portal.php.  I discussed this on the horde list recently and it was
concluded that this could be possible thru a motd within mottle, when it
will be finished.  Another way to do it would be by having some random
text displayed by the IMP summary via a hook.  I don't want to look like
I am stricken with hookitis because I know hook could be the easy way to
ugly hack.  But, in this case, I think it could be interesting to make
it possible for various app (not just IMP) to be able to display more
user-defined stuff in their block.  These hooks could be called
_<app>_hook_blockappend or somesuch.  Would that be a acceptable feature
to Horde developper ?

Second, I think it could be interesting to show the quota information
related to each mailbox in the IMP summary.  Right now, the
Quota::quotaHTML output would be a good start, but the way it is
displayed would look ackward in a summary.  I don't know yet how to
change that, so your comment on the subject are most welcome.

Thanks for your insight.

http://www.LinuxQuebec.com       etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com