[dev] Email Linking filter.

Tyler Colbert tyler-hordeml at colberts.us
Thu Sep 25 21:49:24 PDT 2003

> Zitat von Tyler Colbert <tyler-hordeml at colberts.us>:
>
> > Attached is a filter to link emails.
>
> How is it different from Text::linkMailtos()?

Sure enough... I didnt see that there. :)

There are a couple of differences that matter to my wiki:
Text::linkMailtos() is much more complete.
LinkEmails links emails that dont have a mailto: at the beginning.

Perhaps Im not groking the regex correctly, but it looks like linkMailtos() will
try to link an already linked mailto.  It also looks like it will link
'mailto:' with no arguments.

So, it looks like the proper solution is for me to use linkMailtos() for the
mailto links, and another filter to link bare emails.

Side Question: shouldn't linkMailtos() be moved to a filter, along with the
other filter-like functions?

Looks like Text::linkUrls() will screw up already linked urls.

--
Tyler Colbert