[dev] Proposed reorg of some scripts in the horde/ module

Roman Neuhauser neuhauser at bellavista.cz
Fri Sep 26 14:10:26 PDT 2003

# chuck at horde.org / 2003-09-26 16:23:16 -0400:
> I know this probably seems a bit drastic, but I think we really need
> to get a good organization in place as the number of scripts we
> provide as core Horde services increases.

    I think the proposal is not thorough enough. We have two machines
    with several installation of various Horde applications, each with
    different tweaks in the configurations, templates, etc. The
    libraries could well be shared among the installations. I ended up
    creating patches for Horde, IMP and Turba (for now) that make them
    look for the libs in include path. The gist of the change is

    - require_once HORDE_BASE . '/lib/Mumble.php';
    + require_once 'Horde/Mumble.php';

    The other thing that has always irked me is that stuff that should
    be outside documentroot is not: config/, lib/, scripts/, templates,
    don't need to be, should not be, snd, in case of config/ must not be
    directly accessible.

    Please, if you're going for reorganization, take the above issues
    into consideration.