[dev] Re: marking moved mail as new...

Ruben van der Steenhoven ruben_donotspamme at webmeesters.nl
Sat Sep 27 05:17:02 PDT 2003

Michael M Slusarz wrote:
> More old e-mail...
>
> Quoting Ruben van der Steenhoven <ruben_donotspamme at webmeesters.nl>:
>
> | Since the introduction of Ingo a couple of months ago, any read items
> | that are
> | moved by Ingo to a folder are counted as New items, although they remain
> | read.
> | Result is, that i get warnings of new mail in folders where there are no
> | new
> | mails at all.
>
> Can't reproduce this.  If a message is marked as read, and then I filter,
> the message appears as 'read' in the new mailbox.

Excuse the late reaction, was ill last week, anyway:

you're right that the message appears 'read' in the new mailbox, but it
DOES get counted as new by IMP, that's exactly what struck me as very
strange...
So if you have new mail notification turned on on the folder the message
was moved to, you'll get nagged by messages saying you have new mail in
that folder although you haven't.

Thanks

Ruben.