[dev] hook in the Auth class

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
Sun Sep 28 13:40:50 PDT 2003

Hi list,

I am requesting comments on a feature I would like to implement.  I
would like to add two hooks to the Auth class authenticate() function.
I suggest calling them _authenticate_hook_pre and
_authenticate_hook_post.  If either of these function return false,
authentication fail.  There could be only one of these function, but two
would be more flexible IMHO.

The reason I need these is that, although my users are authenticated
thru IMP (IMAP), I would like to consult an LDAP directory for
membership to a specific group before giving them access to Horde.  I
suppose similar requirement to mine could also happen to other people.

If that feature seem interesting to maintainer, I would code and send a
patch in the coming days.

Thanks !

http://www.LinuxQuebec.com       etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com