[dev] HTMLArea driver and IMP patch

Nuno Loureiro nuno at co.sapo.pt
Tue Sep 30 16:51:14 PDT 2003

Hi!!

Here's a new Editor class (it replaces the old one), with a driver for
Htmlarea.

With this driver you can replace any textarea in Horde with a WYSIWYG
editor (IE and Mozilla compatible) very easily.

The driver autoconfigurates it, and allows you to add buttons or
customize the buttons in the toolbar. The Driver is pretty documented so
it should be very easy to include HTMLArea in your pages (with only 3 or
4 lines of code). Also note that you only have 3 or 4 public methods.

It's also included an IMP patch to use htmlarea in the compose page.

I only have one thing that I don't like at all. It's the need of calling
a method in the <head> of the HTML that will use htmlarea, to include
the respective CSS. I had a few discussions with Chuck and Jan on IRC
about this  and no good solutions were found. I'm sure that after
everyone see the code a solution would come up.

The link where you can find the patch and the rest of the files is:

http://nuno.uncovering.org/htmlarea.tgz

-nuno

--
Nuno Loureiro <nuno at co.sapo.pt>