[dev] Unofficial Demo site upgraded ...

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Oct 2 02:41:49 PDT 2003

Zitat von Carlos Pedrinaci <cpedrinaci at yahoo.es>:

> I must admit that I haven't checked that out in the code, so take my
> words with some care.
>
> Between the first "login" into a particular application and the second
> one there shouldn't be any difference in the code while reading the
> prefs. So the only possibility that seems logic to me, is that, the real
> preferences read happens after the menu has been loaded. Thus, the first
> time you don't get the correct result but the second time that works
> because it's using the preferences read the first time.
> Does that make sense to you?

No. My (even wilder) guess is, that we read the default (guest) prefs into
the session before the login. When logging in we start not authenticated,
thus reading the default prefs. During the login process we get
authenticated but because the prefs system thinks it already loaded the
prefs it doesn't read them again from the prefs backend.

But this could be compelete crap.

Jan.