[dev] command.php quota driver

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Oct 2 08:26:45 PDT 2003

Quoting AJ <aj at mindcrash.com>:

> Hello,
> I had some postings about this driver on the imp list, but I wanted to just
> throw it up here and see what the plans are for it.  Currently, in IMP 4.0
> the
> driver does not work out of the box for some newer versions of the quota
> command, due to the fact that the way the quota is displayed has changed.

This is true for some versions of quota on some operating systems.

> Previously, the filesystem was displayed as an actual path (/home), but this
> has changed to a device (/dev/xxxx), hence the quota display no longer works.

Ditto.

> There has been a fix posted and instructions to get this to work, but it is
> meant for IMP 3.x versions.  I was just wondering if the driver is going to
> be
> changed to support these newer versions of the quota command.  One other

Yes, when someone finds time, or a proper patch is submitted against HEAD.

> feature that would be nice would be the ability to display  multiple quotas
> if
> the user has a quota on both the home directory and the /var/spool/mail
> filesystem, for example.

This has never been supported, and would take a total rewrite of the quota
structure and api, so it isn't trivial.  I know of no imap/pop server api
that supports multiple quotas, so this would be an exception to the rule for
the command line quota routine.  Given that, it is unlikely to happen.  That
doesn't mean it won't if a nice patch was submitted, but it is unlikely that
any of the developers will want to tackle this directly.  There are more
important things to do than support this niche quota case.

> What are everyone's thoughts?

Don't know, I'm only really aware of my own thoughts, and even then only
sometimes ;)

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics