[dev] IMC/vCard Was: [turba] patch: add and update contacts using Turba API

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sat Oct 4 10:41:13 PDT 2003

Zitat von Mikael Geijer <mikael at nufort.net>:

> Hi Bo.
> Looks great, I've implemented my set-functions via the VCard-methods so
> it's not exactly the same (although somewhat similar). Provide my diff
> shortly.
>
> Cheers
>
> /Mikael
>
> Bo Daley wrote:
>
> >hi all,
> >
> >There was some discussion recently about adding methods to Turba's API
> that
> >allow contacts to be modified by external apps. The attached patch
> contains the
> >code I've been using to add and modify contacts and clients from another
> app
> >we're working on here. It probably wouldn't need too much more work to
> do the
> >XML-RPC/vcard thing someone was talking about earlier.

I just wanted to let you know that a File_IMC package is currently evolving
on pear.php.net. They tend to parse *and* create all versions of IMC-style
file formats (vCard, vCal, iCal, vTodo...).

They know of our code and will probably use some of it. I'd like to switch
to using this package because our IMC code is currently spread over several
libraries with different APIs, and havin a single API and factory to access
and produce this sort of data would be great.

Jan.