[dev] article on SyncML

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Oct 6 09:18:39 PDT 2003

Quoting Etienne Goyer <etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com>:

> But to support non-SyncML client, you will have to write specific
> conduit for each device/client OS combination there is.

Yes, but we can still just write one set of server code, and use it from
multiple clients. We still need the server logic either way.

> My search about SyncML turned up press release from Palm concerning the
> launch of the SyncML initiative, which seem to imply that Palm may
> support it someday.  The best scenario would be to have Palm integrate
> SyncML support in the Palm Desktop, where the user could choose the
> option "Sync to a SyncML server" and enter their Horde SyncML URL
> there.

That'd be great, yes. :)

I wonder if iSync would help with this, at least on MacOS clients?
http://www.apple.com/isync/

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>