[dev] Fwd: Re: [Kolab-devel] Kolab WebClient RC1 release

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Oct 7 04:32:05 PDT 2003

----- Weitergeleitete Nachricht von s.binge at codefusion.co.za -----
    Datum: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 12:18:59 +0200
    Von: Stuart Bingë <s.binge at codefusion.co.za>
Antwort an: Kolab development coordination <kolab-devel at intevation.org>
 Betreff: Re: [Kolab-devel] Kolab WebClient RC1 release
      An: Kolab development coordination <kolab-devel at intevation.org>

Hi Jan,

We will definitely contribute our changes to the Horde team, and I think
we would also prefer to work directly on the Horde code (would make it
easier to distribute the webclient, i.e. instruct users to checkout the
Horde CVS instead of us packaging old Horde snapshots and having to
upload them somewhere).

A problem though is that the CVS code may be broken when a user checks
it out (as what happened occasionally when we were updating our
snapshot), which is not exactly ideal. At least with a snapshot we can
do some basic testing to ensure the major functions work correctly, etc.

Another problem is the release date of version 1 of the webclient - I am
not sure of the Horde release schedule, but we are looking to get the
Kolab Webclient finished relatively soon (i.e. the next couple of
weeks/months at the latest). We are however constrained by Horde with
regards to this, as some features we require are only present in CVS,
and then we also have the problem of basing a `final version' of the
webclient on an unstable CVS base. When do you guys plan on releasing
the next stable version (I couldn't seem to find a release schedule on
the website)?. Also how would one go about becoming a Horde developer?
Unfortunately my messages to the general horde list are rejected, so I
can't ask there.

- Stuart

--
Stuart Bingë