[dev] article on SyncML

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Oct 7 08:53:11 PDT 2003

Quoting "Michael P. Hilty" <mikeh at trilogygrafx.com>:

> Well, I know that Nokia is currently supporting SyncML in their 3595 GSM
> phone...  these are pretty commonplace, and would be worth the development
> effort to get it working.

Cool. I'm looking at a Nokia to replace my current cell, actually, but I don't
think it's a SyncML phone (3588i).

> I'm willing to help with any SyncML development to get Horde supporting it.
> Just let me know if you want to start a module for it.

Help would be great! We have a page of resources here:

http://horde.org/sycn/

We have code in CVS that is the basis for a SyncML server (linked on that page),
and also a PalmPilot conduit in development that we'll try and move over to use
SyncML in some way or another when we have SyncML support ready (HordeConduit,
also linked on that same page). So the modules are there in CVS, we just need
people to start working on code!

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>