[dev] chora: subversion support, MIME handling...

Roman Neuhauser neuhauser at bellavista.cz
Sun Oct 12 06:08:33 PDT 2003

I have a couple of unrelated questions...

What is the current state of things WRT $SUBJECT? The basics work, but
there's a lot more information Chora could present to the user, and
the whole thing is still quite cvs-specific (e. g. cvs.php, co.php).

So, my question is: where is Chora heading? Is there interest in talking
about / receiving patches that further the svn support? Looks like the
chora module has been quite quiet.

Chora::fatal() is called in different places with two arguments, but
the method is defined to only accept one; plus, it has a slight WTF
factor with regard to Horde::fatal(), which is a completely different
animal. What *should* it look like?

Checkout display 'prettification' ignores files without extensions
like Makefiles, because MIME_Magic() doesn't even consider such files,
and chora thus calls MIME_Magic::extToMIME() instead of potentially[1]
more useful MIME_Magic::filenameToMIME(). The fix belongs to MIME_Magic,
what do you want it to look like?  BTW, this is a regression:
http://lists.horde.org/archives/chora/Week-of-Mon-20020722/003314.html

As a final note, as you probably know by now, the reason why svn(1)
broke passing random arguments to diff (noted in august on chora@) is
that it now uses an internal diffing library by default; you have to
configure it to use an external diff binary.

[1] MIME_Magic::filenameToMIME() throws this vital information away
anyway.