[dev] chora: subversion support, MIME handling...

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sun Oct 12 21:30:58 PDT 2003

Quoting Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser at bellavista.cz>:

> I have a couple of unrelated questions...

These are kind of tricky to respond to en toto; if any of these topics need
followup, can you maybe separate them out into individual emails?

> So, my question is: where is Chora heading? Is there interest in talking
> about / receiving patches that further the svn support? Looks like the
> chora module has been quite quiet.

Yes, there is. Further SVN features are great; further cleaning of the driver
model is even better. And support for other VC software is a long-term wish
list item.

> Chora::fatal() is called in different places with two arguments, but
> the method is defined to only accept one; plus, it has a slight WTF
> factor with regard to Horde::fatal(), which is a completely different
> animal. What *should* it look like?

It should always be called as defined, since other arguments are ignored
anyways. A better name for it would be fine, too.

> Checkout display 'prettification' ignores files without extensions
> like Makefiles, because MIME_Magic() doesn't even consider such files,
> and chora thus calls MIME_Magic::extToMIME() instead of potentially[1]
> more useful MIME_Magic::filenameToMIME(). The fix belongs to MIME_Magic,
> what do you want it to look like?  BTW, this is a regression:
> http://lists.horde.org/archives/chora/Week-of-Mon-20020722/003314.html

I'll commit some fixes to Chora to use filenameToMIME(), but we need the
MIME_Magic code to be able to support extension-less entries. Any nice way of
doing that would be great.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>