[dev] improvements on Auth LDAP driver

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Oct 14 08:25:11 PDT 2003

Quoting Amith Varghese <amith at xalan.com>:

> Here's a patch the enhances the Auth LDAP driver by adding functionality to
> edit and remove users.  In addition the driver now supports binding to the
> LDAP tree using a bind dn and password.  Because many LDAP servers are set up
> differently the driver can optionally use a hook so that anyone who uses the
> driver can customize what attributes they want to use when an object is
> edited/added to the directory.

This looks good to me; I've committed it. I haven't tested it, though, since I
don't use LDAP - feedback from users would be very welcome.

Btw, Amith, it looks like you copied/pasted your patches into the one file you
attached? The paths were off; it wanted all 3 files to be in the same dir.
Also, there was a syntax error in the hooks.php.dist patch, looked to be caused
by line wrapping.

Thanks,
-chuck

--