[dev] PEAR Services_Weather

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Fri Oct 17 17:30:07 PDT 2003

Hi everybody!

OK, I've been playing around with the new PEAR Services_Weather class (just the
METAR driver; there are a couple of others I haven't gotten to yet). I managed
to write a php script to display parsed weather information on my site and want
to incorporate it into horde. I agree with Chuck's earlier sentiment that it
should be removed from jonah and made a horde applet, but am having trouble
seeing where to begin.

First, it will need to prompt for location. The color block asks for input, so I
looked to use it as a base, but can't figure out where it prompts.

>From there, I'll need to figure out how to store the location and get the sql
prefs to look up the code based on the location, but first things first.

If somebody could tell me where I need to look to get this started, that would
be great.

Even better, if somebody familiar with the horde framework wants to put it
together, I'm more than willing to offer up my display page (despite the ugly
code) to show how I used the Services_Weather class.

Either way, thanks in advance.

P.S. If you want to see my output, go to

https://www.emery.homelinux.net/php/weather/metar.php

You'll need to accept the certificate; sorry, but my ISP blocks port 80 :-(

--
Rick Emery, plugging along despite a devastating Red Sox loss. They'll be back
next year, and WATCH OUT!

 you will always long to return"
                                              -- Leonardo Da Vinci