[dev] Fix for empty LDAP searches returning no entries in Turba (resend)

Robin H. Johnson robbat2 at gentoo.org
Wed Oct 22 14:52:09 PDT 2003

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 04:58:18PM -0400, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2 at gentoo.org>:
>
> > The problem here is the filter expression "(|(cn=**))". This query run
> > against an LDAP database does NOT return any items. The filter SHOULD be
> > "(|(cn=*))" [note only a single '*'].
>
> There was no patch attached to this email. I've fixed the issue you describe in
> lib/LDAP.php.
Argh! your mailing system seems to have stripped out the message.
It's a GPG signed message (MIME-style, not embedded) multipart/mime.

This in your list archives shows the attachment removed.
http://lists.horde.org/archives/dev/Week-of-Mon-20031020/011659.html

Here is the mail as I sent it:
http://www.orbis-terrarum.net/~robbat2/horde/1066792180.22770_70.curie-int:2,S

My other message with subject 'nag listAlarms bug and fix' also seems to
have suffered the same fate, and it's original contents are here:
http://www.orbis-terrarum.net/~robbat2/horde/1066791874.22770_42.curie-int:2,S

Could somebody please fix your mail system to properly accept GPG signed
content?

> However, the correct fix for the clients list situation is to have the clients
> api call list(), not search(), when you want a list. Only search when you have
> some criteria...
Ok, then whups/hermes etc. need to be fixed with respect to that.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : robbat2 at orbis-terrarum.net
Home Page  : http://www.orbis-terrarum.net/?l=people.robbat2