[dev] LDAP preferences driver

Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh ilya at total-knowledge.com
Mon Oct 27 12:03:43 PST 2003

Hello,

I was trying to set up latest HORDE CVS and make it use LDAP as
preferences container. Here is what I run into:
1. Prefs_ldap either binds as prefs[rootdn] or as uid=$user,$base_dn.
   In my case neither will work - I don't want to use write-all
   rootdn and user's (who can write their own dn's) have more complex
   dn's.
2. Saving preferences between sessions didn't work at all.
   Reason was simple - actual saving code used uninitialized array of
values.

Attached is quick hack patch to soleve both of these problems (quieck
and dirty, but heck, it works for now). It rebinds to ldap server using
dn of user it finds, and it actually iterates over whole list of
preferences...

--
Ilya A. Volynets
Total Knowledge, CTO